Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It is of Course Possible to Dance a Prayer

 Divine Mother Prayer Dance

O Divine Mother
In the form of Annapurna, the giver of food, we worship Thee.
May we ever be grateful for the nourishment of the teachings...

In the form of Lakshmi, you hold the Lotus of Higher Consciousness, 
which is rooted in the mud of earthy existence.
Bless me...

As Durga, seated on the Lion's throne, 
you courageously slew the buffalo-headed demon of egoism and pride.
Though you are fierce, yet we need not fear you. 
You seek only to liberate us from selfish ignorance...

As the Goddess Saraswati, you play the Veena, 
and inspire us with the heavenly lure of Divine Inspiration.
Goddess of Wisdom, come to me.

O Divine Mother
May all my speech and idle talk be mantra
All actions of my hands be mudra

I place down the Siva Linga, and pick up rose petals for my worship.
I scatter the petals in gratitude for thy Divine Abundance.

Placing down the flower basket, I lift up the sacred lamp.
I shine it in all directions, ever seeking a vision of Thee.

Placing down the lamp I pick up the sacred bell.
May it ring clear and dispel all gloom and negativity.
May I ever hear your call.

Please accept my offerings.

May all eating and drinking be the offering of oblations unto Thee.
All lying down prostrations before Thee.
May all pleasures be as offering my entire self unto Thee,
May everything I do be taken as Thy worship.
O Divine Mother.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails